The Journal of new Finance (JNF) is a peer-reviewed quarterly journal devoted to the publication of world class research across all major areas of finance.
We believe that the mainstream Modern Finance paradigm was challenged by the 2007-8 crisis and thus has exhausted its capability to advance. The theories embedded in the paradigm do not allow investment managers to cope appropriately with the kind of market shakeups we have observed since 2007. Simultaneously, financial regulation has grown significantly by accumulating stacks of requirements based on the current financial paradigm. We believe it is always necessary to assess critically whether a regulatory requirement will contribute effectively to global financial stability and the welfare of society.
Thomas Kuhn has shown that a shift to a new paradigm can occur only when such paradigm exists. Today, we do not see yet any viable alternative to the current paradigm, therefore we have created this journal with the hope to provide a space that fosters creativity and the willingness to challenge the orthodoxy. Such unconventional approach does not come with any compromise in terms of qualify of work.
In order to foster research that aims at overcoming the limitation of the current paradigm, the journal may occasionally reproduce research that has been already published, and that we believe should represent a reference for prospective writers. Likewise, the journal targets as an audience both academics and industry practitioners, with a special emphasis for investment managers and risk managers.
Areas of inquiry include:
- Financial Crises
- Behavioral Finance
- Portfolio Choice, Investment Decisions, Asset Allocation
- Asset Pricing, including derivatives pricing
- Financial Innovation
- Information and Market Efficiency
- International Financial Markets
- Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- Political Economy of Financial Market Regulation
- Risk Management
- Banks, Insurances, Actuarial Studies, Non-bank Financial Institutions
- Financial Instruments
- Institutional Investors
- Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Brokerage, Ratings and Ratings Agencies
- Capital Budgeting
- Financing Policy
- Capital and Ownership Structure
- Value of Firms
- Bankruptcy, Liquidation
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Restructuring, Corporate Governance Payout Policy
The JNF is promoted by the Universidad Francisco Marroquin Madrid.